Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM Tracks Corner

+15
Cristian Luis
Edge_CMT
vico
NickF60_CMT
p68
OLarrauri
Gregory*
Lee67
cecelo
Luigi 70
lajutka
cherry
Sudden
skandre7
wookey
19 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

DM Tracks Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: DM Tracks Corner

Post by dmarques Fri 14 Jun - 12:40

Hey Sudden, the new CAMs and CINs look amazing mate. Great work. Thanks so much for helping me with this and sharing it. I have included them in the Monaco package. Will upload and update the link soon
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Sat 15 Jun - 1:13

Thank you very much for your very nice words, David!!Very Happy I wasn't sure if that was what you needed, but I'm glad to read this!! I've edited some CAM files, but I've never edited CIN files before. If someday you need more, at least CAM files, I can always try it Very Happy

Best wishes and thank you very much for your nice words, and for everything!!
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Tue 23 Jul - 12:50

Hello David, and hello everyone!! Very Happy I hope everything is going well.

Recently I had more time to spend in home playing F1C, and I've modified some CAM files just for fun. I post this in this topic, because these CAM files are from tracks of David Marques tracks corner.
To modify CAM files it's a minor thing, but... here it is!

https://mega.nz/#!74kniILS!GvA-GXBkxLGtQfU4VNNjDPCENbVy02Jx2efJt3MFYAM

Bad things: I've not modified CAM files of all DM tracks; Australia, France and Singapore are not in this package because I've not worked in them. Also Monaco, but it's in a previous post.
Bonus: Silverstone 2010-Today layout has a new CIN file. I've to admit that it's the only one CIN file that I managed to make it work.

I hope you like it! Very Happy If not... you can always back to the original cam files hehehe
Best wishes to you all!!
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Sun 28 Jul - 7:08

Hi Sudden, great news mate. Thanks so much for your work. I’ll take a look at them and import them into the packages. By the way, the Monaco update you did a while ago is already included in the Monaco package and in all my mods.

Thanks again for your great work mate
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 9 Sep - 18:15

Exclamation NEW RELEASE Exclamation
After months of work, I have finally completed a major update to Monza. Link on first post. This package only contains the 1994-2019 versions and is based on the default circuit with HUGE upgrades. This might be the most extensive work I've done on a circuit after Monaco. Special thanks to Konstantin who helped tweak the AIW. I plan to one day include the older layouts (60s to 93) which will be based on Carrera.4's rF version, but this will be another HUGE project which I will not start anytime soon.

FYI: Right now, all my efforts will go into the 86 mod. Stay tuned
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Tue 10 Sep - 14:31

Mother of god, master David Marques does it again, this is a masterpiece!!! cheers I expected something great, but this is even better than I could imagine!

I did some laps in all years from '94 to 2019; It's incredible, every detail, year by year is here! Not only the sponsors, see the painting of the kerbs, the "giant balloons" after the Parabollica in 94-95-96-97, the tyre barriers at the 2 chicanes in '96... and more. Just look the late Monza's (from 2011 to 2019), the level of detail is amazing, the Parabollica change after 2014... even the run off areas are here!! (like the run off area in Variante Della Roggia, after Curva Grande). And all of this... keeping the essence of the original F1C Monza.

I take my hat off, thank you very much (once more) for this incredible work, David and Konstantin (without a good AIW it would be impossible to enjoy a track. This may goes unnoticed sometimes, but it's fundamental).

Pd: It's a minor help, but... if someday you decide to do the other layouts (60s to 93) maybe I can help contributing searching information (for example, when Monza had major modifications), or videos/pics to see differences between years.
Same with 86, if you need pics, videos or some audiovisual material that could help at something.

Here in Wookey's forum, there is a topic with a lot of pics of 1986:
https://wookey.forumotion.com/t103-formula-1-pictures-of-1986

Always grateful, Sudden. Best wishes cheers

Last edited by Sudden on Tue 10 Sep - 16:03; edited 1 time in total
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Tue 10 Sep - 15:03

Sudden wrote:Always grateful, Sudden. Best wishes cheers
Thanks for the praises and gratitude, it's much appreciated and a motivating factor to continue my work. I also agree that without Konstantin, these releases would be useless. Hats off to the master of AIW.

By the way, sorry I wasn't able to check out your cams sooner. I was really dedicating all my time to Monza. I've started importing them into my mods and track packs and I must say, hats off to you too mate, awesome work! I will reupload all packages in the next days with these new cam files integrated in them.

Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Fri 13 Sep - 16:37

dmarques wrote: By the way, sorry I wasn't able to check out your cams sooner. I was really dedicating all my time to Monza. I've started importing them into my mods and track packs and I must say, hats off to you too mate, awesome work! I will reupload all packages in the next days with these new cam files integrated in them.
Cheers
Ohhh don't worry, absolutely no problem ^^ Monza has needed time, and has been totally worth it I must say!! Every F1C player should use this Monza update to race in hehe
*About the cam files I modified... not all CAM files are perfect (and only 2 of them are synchronized with their own CIN files. I'll try to improve more of them, if possible), but take all CAM's you like Very Happy

Now that you talk about the cams... I did new CAM and CIN files for Monza. This time I managed to make both files work perfectly (thanks god) sunny , as I could do in Monaco and Silverstone, and I modified the CAM file in order to make them a little bit closer to the real broadcast.
I hope to not steal you much time with this, as you're with other huge projects like '86, but if you have time and feel curiosity... here are the new Monza CAM's and CIN's Very Happy
https://mega.nz/#!OkEQDSDT!16BxRiWUMa8vuP_E0eNf2bqW1meNtk6M3_rAVJrccfc

Thank you so much for your words, it's an honour (and coming from a master, even more)!! Best wishes
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Sun 15 Sep - 15:01

Sudden wrote:Thank you so much for your words, it's an honour (and coming from a master, even more)!! Best wishes
Credit has to be given where credit is due. I might be okay converting and modifying cars and tracks, but I have no idea when it comes to CAMs and AIW. You guys are the masters there mate. This is a community and it's a community effort for all to enjoy.

It's just too bad F1C seems to be dying. I know the platform is already 15+ years old, but there is no other platform so complete and well organized like it, especially with the complete mod selection menu built into the game. It's true the more modern games also have some sort of in game selection system, but I find them complicated and all over the place. F1C with its icon system and no need of external programs to select your mod is just fantastic. However, I keep releasing stuff and it seems like only a handful of people try them out and give thanks. But, I keep doing it for myself and figure it's better having it publicly available then to be sitting on my HD.
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Sun 22 Sep - 13:38

dmarques wrote: It's just too bad F1C seems to be dying. I know the platform is already 15+ years old, but there is no other platform so complete and well organized like it, especially with the complete mod selection menu built into the game. It's true the more modern games also have some sort of in game selection system, but I find them complicated and all over the place. F1C with its icon system and no need of external programs to select your mod is just fantastic. However, I keep releasing stuff and it seems like only a handful of people try them out and give thanks. But, I keep doing it for myself and figure it's better having it publicly available then to be sitting on my HD.

I apologize to not answer earlier Sad it's very interesting what you expose, and I must say I'm totally agree. From my point of view, no other platform make me feel the same as F1C. I've sometimes played rFactor to play '86, '87 and 2017 Patrick34 CODM conversion (they have very well done cars), and they're good mods, but... I don't feel the same, I still prefer F1C.
In therms of gaming, I feel that F1C has pretty good physics (despite being 16 years old!!). My personal opinion: driving is funnier than other platforms, without being "unrealistic" (there are newer platforms less realistic in driving). And probably the most important thing for me: With F1C it's possible to play almost every year since F1 creation, and this was a dream I always had. Most of the mods have good quality cars, and very well done tracks. For example, I always wanted to do a career racing with 70's and 80's cars and tracks, and F1C is the most complete platform with that. According to me, it's the best platform by far.

In addition... what you say, F1C is complete and well organized (and easy to get around menu's, at the same time). Simple and complete, a great combination. It may seem silly, but for example... the race-by-race variations in the cars, with F1C you don't need to modify anything though menus (the opposite as rFactor, you need to do that for every change). The fact that you only need to put the MTS files in the track folder, and just enter the track and enjoy it without doing anything else... it's awesome.
It would be a dream if someday any company does an F1C remake, with the power and graphics of modern platform, but maintaining the essence that make F1C unique, special and moddable, but it's just fiction.

To finish my particular Bible... I can only say that, people like me who enjoys playing F1C have a lot to thank to people like you, that does awesome, superb works moved for the passion of F1, and let other people continue enjoying this awesome game with fantastic stuff.
Thanks to people like you, Cherry, KonstantinBelovNE, Neiln, Wookey, Luigi 70, Cristian Luis, Lee67, and more people (sorry to not mentioning everyone)... without forgetting teams like CMT, F1C Anniversary, VB and more.. F1C it's still alive. Maybe not so alive than it used to be, but still alive. You all know it better than me, but sometimes it's nice to mention and give a thank to the ppl who has given so much.
PS: I know this topic is "DM Tracks Corner", sorry for the off-topic hehehe
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next