Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1C 1981 Race-by-Race Mod released

+12
skandre7
d4nf1c
cecelo
neiln
Andreh
TanoV12
Kaps
Sudden
Valpaso75
titi01170
MFA
Lee67
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

1981 - F1C 1981 Race-by-Race Mod released - Page 3 Empty Re: F1C 1981 Race-by-Race Mod released

Post by Kaps Fri 5 Oct - 15:27

cecelo wrote:Hi guys,
The LongBeach circuit is wrong and continues with the same error in AIW. The circuit that is in the mod is the one of 76 to 77. From 1978 to 1981 the pitlane was in the opposite side to that that is in that circuit. I do not know if anyone has seen this error or has already fixed this AIW.
Thanks

No mate, you are wrong, the 1978-1981 and 1982 layouts had pit-lane at Ocean Blvd., and those of 1976-1977 and 1983 at Shoreline Drive, so the track is ok regarding that.

See here:
https://www.gpguide.com/Circuit.aspx?circuitId=27#&&historySortDirection=DESC&selectedConfiguration=1&historySortField=Year

I'd still like to know what causes the colour-change in cars, once in race, though...
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

1981 - F1C 1981 Race-by-Race Mod released - Page 3 Empty Re: F1C 1981 Race-by-Race Mod released

Post by cecelo Sat 6 Oct - 1:55

Hi Kaps,
So the information on this site is wrong? Sad http://www.statsf1.com/pt/circuit-long-beach.aspx
Strange, because on this site is just the opposite. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Now I do not know who is correct, there is doubt. Question Question Question

.... and the AIW continues with error. Crying or Very sad
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Sat 6 Oct - 2:21

Well, as far as I can remember, I think I saw somewhere the 1981 highlights and the pits were on Ocean Blvd., like on gpguide.

Btw, on statsf1 I don't actually see the pitlane on any of their LB pics, so I can't tell where it was.

And yes, the AIW is bad, considering the pit positions in the pitlane, but that's all.
The positions in the middle of the pitlane in particular should be more apart from each other and it would be very good then.
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Sat 6 Oct - 3:31

cecelo wrote:Hi guys,
The LongBeach circuit is wrong and continues with the same error in AIW. The circuit that is in the mod is the one of 76 to 77. From 1978 to 1981 the pitlane was in the opposite side to that that is in that circuit. I do not know if anyone has seen this error or has already fixed this AIW.
Thanks

Kaps wrote:

No mate, you are wrong, the 1978-1981 and 1982 layouts had pit-lane at Ocean Blvd., and those of 1976-1977 and 1983 at Shoreline Drive, so the track is ok regarding that.
See here:
https://www.gpguide.com/Circuit.aspx?circuitId=27#&&historySortDirection=DESC&selectedConfiguration=1&historySortField=Year
I'd still like to know what causes the colour-change in cars, once in race, though...

Cecelo, if we actually watch the race, the teams' crews are beside the finish line on Ocean Blvd. telling the drivers of their positions and other details. If you check Shoreline Drive, there is no movement (or people) whatsoever beside the track in the area where the pits used to be in 1976-1977. That much, I believe, is solved. The AIW, however, is not my cup of tea. If anyone ventures a fix to it, it will be much appreciated.

As far as the color/light change is concerned, Kaps, I have no idea what might be causing this to you. There's no difference whatsoever between the cars in practice/warmup and the ones on the race itself. My conclusion? The only things I can think about are: there's some configuration on the cam file (also not something I understand much) or there is a difference in the light for the cars at 9 in the morning and at 2 in the afternoon.
The following is the info on F1 81A.gdb:

Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 11:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 13:00
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 9:00
Practice3Duration = 45
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 10:15
Practice4Duration = 45
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 13:00
QualifyDuration = 45
QualifyLaps = 20
WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 9:30
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 14:00

Please check if this behavior you point out repeats on the second day of practice and on qualify (considering the hours when they start). If it doesn't, it's most likely a .cam thing, which would require a better understanding of the .cam setup than the one I have.

Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by cecelo Sat 6 Oct - 9:26

Hi Kaps and d4nf1c thank you for the correct information. Smile Very Happy Cool

I modified in the AIW the position of the cars in pitlane. I placed all of them side by side tilted transversely. Cool They were perfect but when they start to leave pitlaine they make a wrong trajectory and hit each other. Sad I think to fix this, only if the AIW is redone.
Thanks
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Sat 6 Oct - 16:15

Hi Daniel, will take a look with these start times of sessions!

As for the AIW, I also tried to change those positions myself, but got nowhere...

We have skandre7 and konstantinbelov who are very good with AIW-fixing, maybe if we could get them involved..?

EDIT: Nah, it's not that, all the practice sessions, qualifying and warm-up look ok and the same. Just the race is different, for some reason.

Nobody else have this problem?

EDIT II: Just tried all 16 tracks plus championship and it's the same in all of them. Everything's fine in all sessions (all 4 practices, qualifying and warm-up), then in races cars look too shiny and pale, much brighter than in all other sessions...

It's not the cam file either, tried LB cam file from another installation, same thing happens, so it's gotta be something else.
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by skandre7 Mon 15 Oct - 19:30

Hi guys, ive made some fixes to the Long BeachAIW but there are still some issues . Major one is that Renault Ferrari and Alfa Romeos stay in the pits for the whole qualy session, that kind of bug i see probably for the first time Very Happy.
Here's the link : https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/QC2xZkAa/file.html
skandre7
skandre7
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Mon 15 Oct - 20:00

Hi skandre, will try this fixed aiw now.

I have problems with both Ferraris, one Alfa and one Ligier staying in pits the whole session, but in Jacarepagua, not in LB.

I first thought it must be something wrong with the engine files, but then none of the Alfas or Ligiers would go out, not just one, then copied the Renault's engine file to Ferrari to try it out, and, amazingly, with completely same engine file (just re-named accordingly), both Renaults still go out normally, both Ferraris still don't!?

So, for the moment, I'm still fighting with this...
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Numéro26 Thu 18 Oct - 0:58

1981 is my first and favourite f1 season !
A very long time ago I even released an '81 carset for GP3 !
I'm downloading the mod, I hope it will work fine on my PC ...
Waiting, a very big thank you to the authors Very Happy
Numéro26
Numéro26
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by teslaf1electriquepriseX Wed 14 Nov - 8:46

OH YESSSSS!!! Thank you so much to Neil, Daniel, Luigi, of course Pedro RippingCorpse, it looks faboulous and its hard to wait for playing with it!!! I will play the hole season as i often do and enjoy it so much!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next